Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Somebody leaves a baby at the door and you automatically assume it's mine? The baby doesn't look anything like me! I'm bigger... and I've got more hair!

Just wanted to quickly go through the progression of the last two weeks.  I know, I can't believe that little Grace has been here for 2 weeks already.  She is pretty fun--and she hasn't gotten mad about her curtains in her room not being hung up yet--despite her being here for 2 weeks.  

Here is me, right before we left for the hospital

In all my hospital gown glory.  

Proud papa videotaping "the event"...

....with tears of joy.

Dad cutting the umbilical cord

Dad trying to apologize for holding down her little hand while they inserted the IV.  Not sure she looks like she has forgiven him yet.

Mom holding the baby for the first time

The head tilt in opposite directions kills me!  

Grace uses her hands to coddle herself to sleep

At home, refusing loves from her mommy--because she didn't want to take a bath

But then she realizes a bath totally rocks!

And she loves her bathrobe.  It makes her feel like boxing champ.

Grace loves her bear.  It plays her sounds of the womb and also ocean waves.  

This look on her face tells me she has finally forgiven her daddy for the IV. 

Grace likes resting her little head on her hands.  She is such a little lady already.

And she trusts her dad so much.  Maybe too much.

If we can get Harley to stop sniffing Grace, maybe we can get them in a picture together

We did it!  Grace's body language tells me she is tired of being sniffed.

Still using her hands to fall asleep....

...And also to make herself cry.



I am really enjoying all this time that I get to spend with this little, sweet baby.  She really is just the best thing that has ever happened to us (and Harley is too--just in case she reads this blog, I don't want her getting jealous).  We love her so much!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

She looks perfect! Thanks for posting pictures!

Krissy said...

She is just so adorable! And very photogenic...great pictures!

Doreen said...

That pink bear is the same size as her! Such a doll baby!