

Brady wasn't really happy, as you can see. All the people waiting in line for the bathroom were standing right by our table. And Brady said every time the bathroom door opened he could smell their crap. So we asked the waiter if we could move to a table that was in a corner on the other side of the trolley car (if you couldn't tell by the picture--hand drawn or camera-taken) and a much better location. At least we didn't have to smell the crapper anymore. Or smell the people waiting in line to use it. I recommend the outdoor sitting.
After moving locations, we were able to enjoy delicious homemade biscuits while waiting for our meal. I got the amazing cinnamon roll french toast.
Is your mouth watering??? It should be. Because it was amazing. It was soooo good it didn't even really need syrup.
During breakfast, Brady and I decided on our next stop: The Hogle Zoo. An obvious choice (as it is literally 1 mile from Ruth's Diner) but also a great decision because we needed to walk off the hearty breakfast. We apparently timed it wonderfully because most animals were out and about eating lunch. These meals mainly supplied by the small children not being closely monitored by their parents. Although it was cool to see the giraffe really close, it's too bad the sign didn't just say "Do not feed the animals" it even said beneath it "Even feeding us leaves can hurt us". Let me know if you hear anything about a giraffe dying of leaf poisoning. I think my favorite part of the zoo was definitely the signs that gave you the "5 senses" tour of an animal. One of them saying "Smell Here". While I was laughing at a kid who tried it, little did I know Brady decided to also wander of there and give it a go. He pushed a button that activated a little burst of wind of crap. I thought he had gotten his fill of crap smell at Ruth's Diner, but apparently he wanted to smell Rhino crap too. I got news for those of you who are interested in trying the "Smell Here" portion at the zoo. All animal crap smells the same.
From the zoo, we decided on to head to a matinee. We had enough walking. We bought some tickets to "Burn After Reading". It was a great movie. No thinking required....well, you think it's all going to tie together with this huge purpose in the end, but then it ends up being something simliar to a Seinfeld episode--a movie about nothing. I think it was a 3/5 star.

We got home in time to see the ending of the Emmy's. I was heartbroken because my beloved Hugh Laurie didn't win Best Actor in a Drama Series. Does anyone out there watch Breaking Bad? Do you even know what that is? I didn't think so. So why did the lead actor in that drama series win Best Actor? This will be a question I ask at the pearly gates.
I will also be asking why anyone would push a button that says "Smell Here".

2 comments:
CAROL! We are going to stalk you now! HA....Ruth's is a good restaurant, sorry about the crapper. Did you ever think that it could of just been Brady though?!
Thanks for the honorable mention you gave Elliot, Lindsey and me on your blog...of course, I put a picture of you and Brady on my blog but whatever. In fact, I have a friend that even looked at that picture and said that you look like Cameron Diaz. I told her "shove it" and that you are way hotter than Cameron Diaz. I think Cameron Diaz is probobly funnier than you though. Sorry about that.
Post a Comment