Thursday, September 18, 2008

You're in a rotten mood!.....Yeah, it's the sunshine. Gets me down.

The most wonderful time of the year: It's finally cool enough to walk two blocks without breaking a sweat....Not that I've started walking further than two blocks. I probably should try it, though, seeing as gas prices in Utah have been higher than the national average for the past couple of months. This just means that I spend more time on the internet researching places I'd like to go as opposed to actually going there. Which is why I'm able to give you an early Halloween present by sharing that research with you. I've found some very exciting adventures that you can go on (and maybe find room in your car for me) in the local area to get you in the Halloween spirit.

http://www.goatmanflats.com/ Is located in Orem, but it's only open from October 29th - 31st. It is also a cheaper excursion (only $5). So, why not take the whole family? Judging from the photos, it doesn't look like it's tooooo spooky. (Maybe test it out on someone else's kid first)
http://www.nightmareon13th.com/ is a little further (1300 south, hence the Nightmare on 13th. Clever, clever!) This one has been voted one of the scariest by the Travel Channel, but it comes at $15/person. Or $20/person if you like being scared so bad you can't breathe. Or $30/person if you like being so scared that you can't breathe AND you don't want to wait in line. Good news! If you're a trying to save money (cheap/thrifty/get excited about triple coupon days), they have discount tickets online ($3 off admission) but you have to sell your soul (give them your email address)

http://www.castleofchaos.com/flash.html is further north (3300 south), and has an array of different prices you can pay for visitng. If you want to visit one attraction it's $11.00, 2 attractions is $15 (obviously anybody would pay $4 more for twice as much, right?) or 3 attractions for $21 (that's where they get you. Is it worth $10 for three times as much?) Here you can zip to the front of the line for another $5. They have coupons (hooray!) but you only get $1 off for the weekend (boo!) But you don't have to give them your email address for it (tubular!)
http://www.lazarusmaze.com/index.shtml is in Ogden (this is place is scary already!) It's only $10 to get in (but, wait I just spent $10 in gas to get up there!) and only $3 more to make an "appointment".
If you don't want to spend your money going to a haunted house then you can do what I do, and surf the internet all day long until your eyes hurt when you're out in natural daylight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The triple couponer loves this post Carol. Very researched. I knew you were a penny saver deep down. I haven't clicked on any of your links yet b/c it will make me sad that I won't be able to GO to any of them (boo hoo). Halloween always makes me think of you though. Have you looked at Pottery barn's halloween stuff? THAT stuff is creepy. I was wondering if they'd changed goth when I first walked in and saw all of this blackness with skulls etc everywhere.