Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hear about that guy up in the Bronx? Just went crazy; thought he was a pigeon. They've found him in the park, throwing breadcrumbs at himself.

So....I've had a little freetime on my hands lately. Not to say I haven't been enjoying it, because I truly have. This is the first time since I was 15 that I haven't had to work....and best of all I'm getting paid to not work. How much neat fun is that? They say that idle hands are the devil's workshop. Well, I have to disagree. A workshop actually sounds like something I could use right about now. But, don't feel bad for me. I can't say that I'm too torn up about my situation seeing as how I can look at this and say...hmmm....what do I want to do now? Do I want to be a personal trainer? A garbage man? (oh, I mean a waste management specialist) A movie star? That person who jumps out of airplanes with people who want to jump out of airplanes? You know, let's be honest here--the possibilities are endless. Especially with my incredibly good jump rope and ice skating abilities.


So, until I decide my wickedly awesome future, I am getting some stuff done around the house that I've always been too lazy to do in the past because I'm tired after work. So....first thing is first--I got Harley set up in her room and she just loves it so much I can tell.





So, I set up a cage in her room that I found online.
I think it's meant for outdoors, but I decided that I could use it in the house. Harley isn't a really brave dog so I don't see her trying to break out. Plus, even if she does, the door is usually shut so....unless she learns how to open doors I don't see any problems. We are using the cardboard as a temporary solution until we buy some carpet to fill the space so we don't have to worry about her ruining the room carpeting. She does pretty good using her potty pads. When she is locked in her cage, that is. If she's not in there and I don't remember to bring her out, then she will just pee anywhere that she can find 10 seconds of alone time.
Next task on the list: finally painting the living room. But first we had to clean up the computer room so that we had a place to put everything.
Next I took some before and after pictures. Kind of like the whole Jenny Craig thing. Except my room didn't lose--it totally gained. (niiiice!) Thank you to Angie and Brittney who spent a lot of time (no money, though) with me and helped me put up the chair rail. If it hadn't been for Brittney's power tools and Angie's time management skills, we would've never finished. :-D (Also, thank you to Landon for coming and just eating and complaining the whole time. If it weren't for his kissable, chubby cheeks I think I'd really hold a grudge against him right now.) We spent from 11:30am to 4:00pm getting just the chair rail up. Keep in mind, Brady and I did all the painting before hand so this was just a chair rail.

(Dining Room) BEFORE:












(Dining Room) AFTER:













(Living Room) BEFORE:














(Living Room) AFTER:













Living Room (BEFORE)











(Living Room) AFTER:
And don't say it just looks better because it has everything put in place and stuff like that. You know that's how they do it on TV. Like the before and after pictures for any weight loss commercial. They have them "Before" without make-up, without their roots done, without a tan...and then "After" they are wearing stylish make-up, salon styled hair and an amazing tan. Same thing here. The walls are tan.
Wow...did I reference informercials during a blog? Maybe I should look into that job opportunity at the devil's workshop.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Very cute Carol. I can't wait to see it with my own eyes. Your chair rail and paint job looks WAY better than many of the jobs I've seen on HGTV. GOOD JOB! That's hilarious Harley has her own room now, she's going to be so mad when she has to start sharing it with someone.

Krissy said...

I think you should consider a career as an HGTV interior decorator. They could call the show Crazy Carol's Color Creations. I could even help by narrating it with my pleasantly soothing voice. I'm pretty sad we didn't get to see you this Thanksgiving. We are coming to Utah again for Christmas so hopefully we can get together then. That would be the best Christmas present ever.

Krissy said...

P.S.- I don't think you're crazy. I only put crazy in the TV show title cuz it started with a C and I thought a title with an alliteration would be neat. We could also put considerate, caring or confident but I don't think the ratings would be as good.

Marcus Lane said...

WOW! We are all so very impressed. I have to see it in person though to see if I really like it though.
I will be waiting for the official invite......

Anonymous said...

Carol,your house looks so warm and inviting. I love it!
Harley's room is awesome. What a great idea. Jessie's room is the half bath down stairs, but for a mini dachsie, it might as well be a master suite right? (Okay, maybe not, bit it makes me feel better about it put in those terms.) Love ya, Carol. :-)