Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sorry, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.

The 3rd Annual Lewis/Greenhalgh Halloween Party was an absolute success! Success I tell you! We had everyone from the Joker and a Fairy, to a slutty superhero in attendance. So that in my book, dear friends, is one heckuva Halloween party.



Right, Julie? Is that what you were? I can't remember now. I was looking at the picture, and yeah......that's all I could get from it.









We started off the evening with food down in the scary, scary basement. Seriously, it was really scary. A lot of spiderwebs. No spiders, though. They all die at the thought of hearing Angie's deafening scream. The main entree, of course, was phenominal because my hubby made it: Tortilla Soup.
We also had many, many delicious desserts and appetizers provided by the attendees of the party.
Pat and Ana brought baby mice for us to eat:





(Ew....looks like one lost its' tail in the process of being devoured)







And Becca and Aaron brought us fingers:






Finger-lickin' Good!!






After dinner, we played many delightful games. First game: Have to link arms with your partner, back to back with a balloon wedged in between. Object is to get the balloon inside of a basket on the other side and then run back and tag the next team to go.

Everyone was very good at the game
Well.....almost everyone Good thing Cheerleaders are so flexible....

Second game: Take a balloon, run over to the chair and pop it using any part of your body except your hands.






Despite what Ana makes it look like, they were popping balloons...not pooping balloons.

















Oh, Becca isn't just a pretty face. She is quick as lightening.







To make it more interesting and challenging, on the second round we made them blow up their own balloons.

Use the Force, young padowan! It looks like Peter Pan is trying to be a nice guy and let his little fairy take the lead on this one...

Too bad for her: she's a tiny fairy and she can't pop balloons just by sitting on them.
Now would be a good time to take out the wand. The sharp wand.

We probably could've played this game for a couple more hours, but we had to stop playing because someone got really scared......















So for our final game, we played charades. Of course it was halloween charades, not just regular charades. I don't know about you, but it's pretty difficult to tell what someone is trying to act out if you can't see their facial expressions. Just for example:






A value meal? A Whopper? I think we should start watching the witch. I think she is giving better clues.







After the games, we moved upstairs to eat more food, watch a scary movie and also to announce the winners of the costume/appetizer/dessert contest. The following are our prize winners....

Best Appetizer (Tyler and Saffron)Best Dessert (Becca and Aaron)Most Original Costume (Mary and Brad)Sexiest Costume (Tyson and Tiffany)Funniest Costume (Crystal)

Scariest Costume (Patrick)

Best Overall Costume (Jon) I decided to put Harley and Mom in here as an honorable mention seeing as how they dressed as the perfect pair and didn't even coordinate it!!

Plus Harley survived mother's sudden vicious attack....

Lastly, I'd like to annouce that....everyone was a winner! Because everyone dressed up and put a lot of time and thought into their costumes. (except Tim. Pretty sure those short, short shorts are a part of his regular wardrobe. Unless he was dressed up as Lt. Dangle from Reno 911.) And if there is one thing that I learned from the Chenn Family is that "Nobody wins, everyone finishes." Even slutty superheroes.

Hooray!

To see more of the Halloween pictures go to: www.bradyandcarolgreenhalgh.shutterfly.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO FUN!! Dang it! I wanted to go! I've been waiting for these pictures to be posted! I love the costumes. Your's and Brady's costumes are SWEET! I saw a couple in North Carolina who made their own Incredibles outfits. The guy looked pretty gross in his red spandex and black undies!!

Ana said...

Oh Carol. You make me laugh! Where did all of those pictures come from?? Thanks for doing the party. It was fun,fun,fun!

Krissy said...

I'm going to photoshop Elliot, the Lindster and I into that group photo so we can pretend we were there. Then, years down the road when you guys are reminiscing about your super cool Halloween party, I can join in and claim we were there. I'll say things like "It was so funny when I tryed to pop that balloon by sitting on it! Good times."

Marcus Lane said...

looks like we REALLY missed out...