Who says there is nothing to do in Vegas? Well....besides Mary. Mary doesn't like Vegas, everyone! So don't invite Mary on your next Las Vegas trip because she will NOT enjoy herself! We begin our adventure The weekend of November the 20th. That's right--last month. With Julie's wedding and Thanksgiving prancing around, the last week of November slipped right through the cracks and before I knew it--December! So, we drove down to Vegas in Angie's sassy silver Honda Civic. We made it in around 10pm (thanks to Angie's lead foot and no bad weather! Hazaa for Nevada!) The check-in was a little bumpy--I wasn't too impressed with the very casual way they went about checking us in, but it was a free trip so who am I to be impatient?
We thought that we were going to party all night long, but we were really wrong about that. We went right to bed because we were all tired. But, we woke up early the next morning to enjoy a delicious MGM Grand Breakfast buffet.

It put everyone in incredibly great spirits.
After some breakfast, we decided to wander around a little bit in Vegas and see the sights. It was actually pretty crowded on the strip at 11:00am. I was pretty surprised by that fact. I think I was kind of expecting it everyone to be sleeping off last night's rave.
We wandered through the 4 floors *yes! Four entire floors!* of the M&M Store.

Really? Do enough people out there enjoy M&M paraphernalia enough to warrant pens, piggy banks, jewelry, leather jackets, and...Christmas Ornaments???


The entire 4th floor was dedicated to M&M decorations.
Even had some good proposal ideas!

By the way, the view of the New York, New York building is pretty awesome from the 4th floor. Yes, we enjoyed taking those pictures.



After M&M mania, we wandered into the attached Coca-Cola store.

Of course, this store was more up my alley because I daily drink anywhere between 24 - 36 fluid ounces of Diet Coke. There was a really cool looking Polar Bear (for those who love those Coca-Cola commercials) that actually looked like a real Polar Bear that was taking pictures in the store. Of course, it cost like $20. Yeah, right. I took a a snapshot in my mind. In fact, I'll one up you, Coca-Cola--I deleted it from my memory completely so I don't have to worry about the fact that I didn't get to take a picture with your super amazing Polar Bear.
We decided to taste the 16 coke flavors from around the world.

Don't think what I thought--these are not coke drinks with different flavorings added or different formulas. These are just different coke products that are only sold in certain countries. If you think what I thought, you may be as disappointed as I was. Well, okay it was actually pretty cool.

Despite what the pictures may say to you, none of the drinks were alcoholic.
Bert thought that this would be a really good date idea--keying us into the fact that he is planning a future date with someone in Vegas other than the three of us.
We then headed out to the Las Vegas Outlets but they totally sucked. I think it's pretty apparent that I didn't buy anything.
After this, we decided to head back to the room/condo/timeshare-thingy to take a little nap/resting time before heading out for our huge night-o-fun. Well, that nap idea was completely squashed by the horrible and horrific construction they were doing in the room either right above me or right below me. Either way, Angie wouldn't call the front desk to complain so we had to leave the room and go rest someplace else. We decided to head down the cafe there and watch a little football and have a small snack. Luckily when we got back the hammering (and I think there might have been a chainsaw) was finally finished.
Around 6pm we left and walked down to the strip to eat dinner. We ate at the Spice Market Buffet which was worlds better than the MGM Grand. Mainly because you get to go down an escalator to go there so you kind of feel like a member of Star Fleet.

Okay, also because MGM is right next to the casino so you have to inhale second hand smoke the whole time you are eating.
After Spice Market, we walked around the Miracle Mile Mall *which, my friends, was totally cool* We found our new favorite store here, too.

Okay, this really wasn't Angie's favorite store.
We headed over to our destination for the evening--The Amazing Johnathan Show. We were all pretty disappointed when we found out that this show didn't have either Jon Dotson or Jon Call in it.

The best part about the show was that Brady was called up on stage!

GOOOOO BRADY!

He was up the for the better part of the act. It was a lot of fun. Except when we took pictures with the amazing Johnathan, his tart of a crew-member lost the lens cap to my camera. NOT so amazing.

After that, we decided that a trip to Vegas wasn't complete without seeing the Treasure Island performance. Oh, yeah, did I mention that Treasure Island was like on the opposite end of the strip? So we began our trek. It was actually pretty fun. We stopped at the Bellagio, of course.
We declined the amazing opportunity to take a picture with Edward and Bella. *pffbbbt* Yuck. Then, I saw it--Serendipity! I had wanted to go there with Theresa when I stopped in NY for a weekend, but there was this crazy 3 hour wait. Hooray!

And since it was 11:00pm and freezing cold outside, there was absolutely no wait!

We had a delicious frozen hot chocolate! Bert claims that it tasted like melted chocolate ice cream. Not true! I promise!
We had to walk through The Forum in order to get to the other side of the strip. I had a really good time--but, then again, I have fun in any mall.
I can't say the same about my comrades.

So, as you may have guessed already, we didn't make it to Treasure Island. We called it a night and went back to the hotel and got into the hot tub because we were all freezing cold. We called it quits at 2am. Yes--we partied! That's right! Uh-huh!!!
The next morning we hit Harley Davidson for breakfast.

I was worried that if I actually touched the bike, they would charge me money for taking a picture with it. So, I made sure to make it look like that I may/may not be touching the bike. We also went on some rides on the Stratosphere before heading home.

Word to the wise: eat nothing before getting on these rides!
Viva Las Vegas, baby!!!
1 comment:
OK, next you need to plan a trip to NYC, to go see the real NY, NY
(again!) :).
So, the other day I found Owen on your blog by himself, scrolling and scrolling until he came to the neutered Harley pictures (which are a favorite in our house) and then he started yelling, "Oh no mom,Harley has bugs! She has bugs crawling on her tummy!" He may be a little concerned next time they meet :)
Post a Comment