So the next steps in preparing the nursery have begun! Brady was able to assemble the crib and the changing table, and it only took 4 hours each. I knew this before buying them because of the comments on the website about these items. I obviously did not to divulge this information to Brady....

In order to keep Brady calm during the assembly period, I have found that playing movies that he really enjoys helps out quite a bit. While he was putting together the crib, he watched some saved TV shows from our DVR...

...and then while assembling the changing table he watched Pulp Fiction.


He started to get really mad when he ended up not being able to screw something in because it required a long skinny screwdriver and all we had as a bulky one. Luckily the movie was on, because I don't know if he would've calmed down enough for me to convince him to leave the house and go up to Lowe's, buy the right screwdriver and also get some dinner too.
But, look--all's well that end's well because the day after assembly Brady always feels much better. Probably because he knows that he will never have to put these items together again. (Well, unless we move because the crib doesn't fit through the door. Don't tell him that, though.)


Also I thought I would put up the pictures from my 5th month and 6th month. Only because Doreen asked me to and since she is so far away and I didn't get her a birthday present last year, I will count this as last years and this years birthday present. From me to you, Doreenie!

Harley really likes being involved in the picture taking process. Even though you can't see her in the bottom picture, she is doing the same exact thing. I think she is really trying to figure out why I would want to take pictures by myself when she is there too and she is so cute.

So Landon had his birthday and also got to go the hospital for his birthday--lucky guy! So since his real birthday was ruined, Bert and Angie decided to go out on the weekend and we came along. Dinner was at Rodizio Grill so that Landon could eat all the meat he wanted. Unfortunately it ended up that all he wanted was the Chicken Alfredo that Jared kept getting from the salad bar. Eventually he ended up on Brady's lap so that someone could contain that 20 pounds of pure muscle.



But if you had to sit by these guys, do you think that you would be able to contain yourself either?

So I thought it would be fun to let Ethan take some pictures for me since he was on the other side of the table. You know that picture where you think someone is going to take the picture so you sit there smiling and then they take forever to take it so you start to relax your face and ask them, "Hey, what the heck is going on--are you going to take the picture?" and then right when you're about to do that, they take the picture?

So let's just say the only one in this picture that was ready for it to happen was Jared.
Final step in the celebration process is cake--and Angie was so nice to make a cake that Jared can eat....no eggs, no milk. Jared was pretty excited that this was a cake that he was able to eat and didn't have to have something else like crackers or a Popsicle.


I think Landon wished for world peace.
So, in closing, for those of you who are worried about how Harley will react to needing to share the love of her parents with another child, just know--Harley is used to sharing our laps and sharing her personal space with little kids. I think she will do just fine.


3 comments:
FINALLY! You look so cute! I'm glad you put on that 6th month picture because you don't look very pregnant in your 5th month picture. I love these pictures also because this is the first I've seen of the elusive Bronson. Angie doesn't have a blog and Angie didn't send out an announcement or any kind of picture whatsoever, so I'm going to have to start getting on Angie's case.
Also, you should probably get Brady more t-shirts b/c he's wearing that DCshoes shirt in just about every post you've put up. :) haha. must be his fav.
Looking so cute Carol! We really need to see you guys soon! Love that your nursery is up and ready to go!! The crib looks gorgeous! Based on your pictures it looks like Harley is onto you guys...
Alright. So can you post more pictures of you PLEASE?? Your getting down to the wire and I want to see you. Pretty PleasE??
Post a Comment