So just in case zombies take over, it would probably be a good idea to start deciding who you would want on your team to help you fight zombies.


And then decide who you would eat first if you were a zombie.

So....anyhow! Christmas Eve! Doreen and Matt were ever so good to set up games for the adults while Deborah kept the little children busy downstairs. The first game we played was really fun. A well-wrapped present (with lots of tape, and a box within a box, within a box, within a box) that has a treat inside it set in the middle. Then a bowl with dice is passed around the circle. If you roll doubles or seven, you get to go in the middle and try to unwrap the present as fast as possible...because the people in the circle are still rolling the dice and if someone else rolls doubles or a seven, they get to take your place.

Here is Doreen explaining the rules to everyone.

And here is proof that we listened to the rules, Doreen.
Although while looking at someone make one believe that person is paying attention, you'll notice some people have that glossy-eyed look that makes you kind of suspicious.
After that game, we played another awesome game. We split into 2 teams and one person from each team would come up and look at a game card that had 5 words written on it (Christmas words, of course). They would then make wagers to see how many words they would have to use in order to get their team to guess the word.
So, one person would say, I bet I can do it in 18. The other person says, I bet I can do it in 16. And the bidding goes on until one person says, "okay, do it". You only have 30 seconds to bid so that it doesn't go on and on. Also, you only have 1 minute to get your team to guess the 5 words.
Looks like Deborah won this bid.
Doreen, the little sweetheart, hand-wrote all the cards. Thanks Doreen! Unless that was Matt's handwriting--which is suspiciously girly and adorable.Mary's stupid victory dance

After that game, we opened up the cousin gifts. Harley got to be a part of the drawing since she is my little baby.

Ethan gave Harley some toy balls
and lots of doggy treats.
and lots of doggy treats.

Harley could barely wait to start eating them.
Next, the old people got to open their gifts. We were sad that The Dotson's and Chenn's couldn't be there....but when you look at these pictures, it will be like you were there (minus that boring lull between getting the present and actually opening the present):
Deborah and Jon

Matt and Doreen
Bert and Angie...is it just me or does Landon have an evil plan for the new knives?
Julie
Brady and Carol
Tim

Mary (I didn't get a picture of her present, so here she is doing that stupid dance again)
Bert and Angie...is it just me or does Landon have an evil plan for the new knives?
Julie
Brady and Carol
Tim
Mary (I didn't get a picture of her present, so here she is doing that stupid dance again)
After presents, we went in to listen to dad read the story about the birth of Christ from the Bible.
I think the whole bible story has a much greater effect when there is a huge, hairy thigh in the background.
And then dad reads 'Twas the Night Before Christmas'.
All the grandkids took up the room on the couch so I couldn't see any of the pictures.
All the grandkids took up the room on the couch so I couldn't see any of the pictures.
And then right after we finished the story of both Christmases, guess who came to visit the Call Family on Christmas Eve? None other than Pere Noel!
I believe in Santa.

And so does Harley.
Christmas morning was delightful. Brady and I stopped by his parents house first (since they wake up at the absolutely insane hour of 5am to open presents) and we still were able to drive back to Bert & Angie's house and take a brief nap before Ethan and Jared awoke and our 2nd Christmas morning began.
I got Brady his very own robe with his initials on it and everything. Doesn't he look regal?
I figured that either that huge Victoria's Secret box had a LOT of lingerie...or a robe.
Ethan and Jared would usually have their backs to each other until they opened a present, and then would turn around and show it off.
The gift of a Christmas outfit from yours truly.
I almost bought this for myself....but Brady and I have a "no movie purchasing for yourself" rule until after Christmas so we don't have to return anything. Great movie!
Bert's pure excitement
We have officially logged 400 hours on this game already
Angie managed to surprise Bert with a surround sound system. Look at that face!! Awww!
Landon deciding that this was the best Christmas ever....

Saving the best for last....Brady got me what I've wanted for awhile now. A corner hutch! He didn't wrap it or anything, he just had a picture of it on his cell phone that he had taken at the store. We picked it up last week and I think that Mr. Brady has outdone himself! It is gorgeous!

I figured that either that huge Victoria's Secret box had a LOT of lingerie...or a robe.
Ethan and Jared would usually have their backs to each other until they opened a present, and then would turn around and show it off.
The gift of a Christmas outfit from yours truly.
I almost bought this for myself....but Brady and I have a "no movie purchasing for yourself" rule until after Christmas so we don't have to return anything. Great movie!
Bert's pure excitement
We have officially logged 400 hours on this game already
Angie managed to surprise Bert with a surround sound system. Look at that face!! Awww!
Landon deciding that this was the best Christmas ever....
Saving the best for last....Brady got me what I've wanted for awhile now. A corner hutch! He didn't wrap it or anything, he just had a picture of it on his cell phone that he had taken at the store. We picked it up last week and I think that Mr. Brady has outdone himself! It is gorgeous!

What a great holiday season! I hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

4 comments:
WOW! What a post, looks like a lot of fun, well Harley looks fun at least!
That robe looks super comfy. I hope you don't get too good at mariokart wii before we come out again so I don't have to hate that AND that bloody Office game.
Ha, now I feel totally filled in on what we missed up until the 28th :). We miss you guys already.
I LOVE The Nightmare Before Christmas! Remember when we saw it in 3D? Good times. I'm glad you had a neat christmas.
Post a Comment