Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me! Happy biiiiirthday to meeeee.....happy birthday to me! Hooray! What a fantastic birthday. There was a huge snowstorm that day so that made everything so much more exciting. As in, nobody was willing to drive anywhere except Brady and me. Brady and I had a delicious breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. I actually think that whole week Brady and I ate at Mimi's because I love their oatmeal. Afterwards, I met my beautiful and charming sisters at Brick Oven pizza for some green pizza.Oh, did I saw green pizza? I meant great pizza. (Seriously though, it is green.)
But--don't worry, it was on purpose. Well, that's what the waiter said. Although he did say that no one thought it was strange enough to take a picture of it. Apparently he has never met these people before: 
Okay so after pizza, I went to the gym (I'm training for a half-marathon, not bragging about my super-abilities to commit to a workout regime.....okay, fine I'm bragging) and did a little birthday shopping for myself. I always get me the best presents. Then we met up with Kirk and Laurie, (Laurie happens to have parents whom also share the affinity for December 22nd--or, should I say, the 9 months prior to that day) their kids, and Brock and Brandon at the Cheesecake Factory for a delicious dinner. This menu also became our inspiration for a following Sunday Brunch with the Capsons.Although I think we look rather pleased with ourselves.
After dinner I went over to Bert and Angie's for a little Rock Band and games. Oh yeah, and the opening of some more PRESENTS!!! I dunno....do I look surprised and excited?! Umm, yeah!

This gift is brought to you by my mom and dad:
They think that I can only handle plants that come with a "Never fail to bloom" guarantee. I bet it fails to bloom if I fail to water it.
This gift is brought to you by Bert and Angie:
Because I am one of "those people". You know, the people who watch TV!
This next present is brought to you by Mary:
Because I'm worth it, people.
They think that I can only handle plants that come with a "Never fail to bloom" guarantee. I bet it fails to bloom if I fail to water it.This gift is brought to you by Bert and Angie:
Because I am one of "those people". You know, the people who watch TV!This next present is brought to you by Mary:
Because I'm worth it, people.After the opening of gifts, it was time to rock.
On the drums we have Tim "the Timferno":
He's single, ladies!
On the guitar is Bert a.k.a "Strings with Wings":
On bass we have Angie "the Banshee":
and on the vocals we have Landon "the Luggernut":

Oh, and of course, this one....
....the leader of the groupies!
The next day, my brother (with whom I also share a birthday) and his wife and Brady and I went to dinner at the ever so posh Ruth's Chris. Here we are enjoying ourselves heartily.
Wish you could have been there. Not! Unless you had paid for me. Awesome! Oh, and I'd tell you what my brother got me for my birthday, but it's a secret because it's super amazing and you'd be too jealous and maybe our friendship would be over for it because you wouldn't be able to handle it. Okay, I'll give you a clue: "You've heard of the golden rule, haven't you? Whoever has the gold makes the rules.
What did Brady get me? DVR! How cool is that? In case you didn't catch it earlier, I watch TV--but I only like certain shows. Lucky me, I have On Demand and DVR! I was so excited I stayed up watching movies and TV shows...and I thought Brady and Harley were doing the same until I looked over and saw this:
On the drums we have Tim "the Timferno":
He's single, ladies!
On the guitar is Bert a.k.a "Strings with Wings":
On bass we have Angie "the Banshee":
and on the vocals we have Landon "the Luggernut":
Oh, and of course, this one....
....the leader of the groupies!Feel free to hire our band for any events. Make sure to book well in advance as this is our busy season.
The next day, my brother (with whom I also share a birthday) and his wife and Brady and I went to dinner at the ever so posh Ruth's Chris. Here we are enjoying ourselves heartily.
Wish you could have been there. Not! Unless you had paid for me. Awesome! Oh, and I'd tell you what my brother got me for my birthday, but it's a secret because it's super amazing and you'd be too jealous and maybe our friendship would be over for it because you wouldn't be able to handle it. Okay, I'll give you a clue: "You've heard of the golden rule, haven't you? Whoever has the gold makes the rules.What did Brady get me? DVR! How cool is that? In case you didn't catch it earlier, I watch TV--but I only like certain shows. Lucky me, I have On Demand and DVR! I was so excited I stayed up watching movies and TV shows...and I thought Brady and Harley were doing the same until I looked over and saw this:

"What, but thee Sleep? Soft closer of our eyes!
Low murmurer of tender lullabies!
Light hoverer around our happy pillows!"
- John Keats


3 comments:
If I was in town on Dec. 22nd I would have given you the best birthday present ever! Anyways, happy belated birthday Carol!
wow.....what a day. well my bday is ocmingup on the 22nd of January...just a friendly reminder.
Who ARE those creepy people you have up on this post!? haha!! Mary can pull some freaky faces...and do weird things with her body simultaneously. Happy B-day!
Post a Comment