Sunday, March 22, 2009

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part of* every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

As we all know, I was laid off from Fidelity Investments back in November. So, took a sabbatical of sorts up until February 1st--where I had to end my Lindsay Lohan lifestyle (getting paid to do nothing) in order to became a blue collar citizen again.

For those of you who think "if only I didn't have to work, I could get all those things done that I've wanted to do all these years: i.e. finishing scrapbooking college pictures, cleaning out the junk room, organizing the clothes in my closet by color, skydiving, etc...." think again, compadres. When I didn't have to work, I sat at home and caught up on my favorite TV shows and only left the house when absolutely necessary. Oh yeah, and I started wondering why I ever went to bed at 11pm, when there were so many cool things to watch on TV and YouTube between the hours of 12am - 2am. I had these huge ideas of the all the cools things I would accomplish, and I did nothing. But, it was still fun.

And, YES, I would do it all over again because I think everyone needs a period of 2 months where they get paid to do whatever they want--and if that thing is wanting to figure out new ways to make babies cry, so be it.


Don't worry, though. All is not lost. I spent so much time with Harley that she is, and forever will be, my dog. Although, I can't say that is always nice either. Like, if I want to watch House while eating dinner, I can't really pull it off because she insists in trying to crawl into my lap whenever I sit down. And if I push her off, she just sits on the floor at my feet..........staring up at me wondering how I could be such a cruel person.























Oh yeah, and I also cut my hair.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow, cute haircut! Now you are officially back to Cameron Diaz. You better watch out for the paparazzi.

Marcus Lane said...

finally an update, thank you! nordy's is a great place to work......well, so we hear! and I like that pic of you and brady at the top of your blog. Brady looks like a little boy, no wonder you love him!

Anonymous said...

Sweet haircut Carol!!! Me likey. That picture of Harley makes her look like she got a face lift or something. Btw, did you get that dog food for free??? I sent out another coupon to mom's house. Did she give it to you. The coupon I sent out was for a box of free milkbone dog treats.