Because of my change, that means I won't have Tuesdays off anymore....that was really nice. As one final HURRAH with that, Brady and I decided to enjoy my final Tuesday off by driving to California over Memorial Day weekend. We left Friday night, spent the night in St. George at Adaiza and Chad's place. They were very kind to let us stay there, and it's good that we did because we probably would've fallen asleep before we would've reached Las Vegas (our original plan).
Next morning, we woke up really early (6am, which isn't early for normal days--but early for vacation days) and started the drive out to California. Since I didn't get a very good nights sleep (I was only 36 weeks pregnant--I should be getting TONS of great sleep, right? haha!--no.) I fell asleep all the way into Barstow. We stopped at Big Boy Restaurant because we had both heard of it, but never tried it. Obviously we had to take a picture with Big Boy himself.
![]() |
| I don't know if you can tell, but it was very windy. |
![]() |
| First day at the beach and we are so tan already! |
![]() |
| Still windy--which is why you will see Mary dressed like an Eskimo later |
![]() |
| Jared and Brady try out some body boarding--the waves definitely were big enough! |
![]() |
| Exclusive VIP seating--by a garbage can! |
![]() |
| Brady is the fairest of them all Afterwards we headed back to Mary and Jared's apartment and had some delicious food. Best dinner ever! Also--this table was purchased just for Brady and me; Mary and Jared did not have a table prior to our visit. Aren't we fancy? On Monday we decided to go up and drive along Mulholland Drive. It was a very bumpy road....hopefully some rich and famous celebrities read this and do something about it!! Here we are at Universal City overlook. Next on the trip--the Hollywood sign! Of course, you can't see it very well because we're pretty far away, but you can at least get sense of Brady's yearning to be rich and famous.... ![]() Overlooking L.A.... Next on the agenda....lunch! We went to a delicious Mexican dive down the street from Mary and Jared's where I had the most delicious fish tacos! Ahhhh! Even thinking about them makes my mouth water. After the fish tacos, we stopped at Pinkberry. I had to know what all the fuss was about! Finally, since Monday was our last day in California, we decided to go back to the beach. You can see (if you have super-human vision, maybe) the Santa Monica Pier in the background. My head is semi-blocking the ferris wheel. Sorry. After our day at the beach, we returned home and got all dressed up to go out to eat. We decided to go to a seafood/steak restaurant called The Galley. Mary was quick to let us know that she hates fish.... ....especially calamari! (We got her to try one, though!) Don't worry all you people who love Mary, they also had steak! The ambiance in the restaurant was really cool. I tried capturing it with my super amazing camera, but--apparently it's not as super amazing as I thought. Although--by the looks on Mary and Jared's face, you would think it was still a pretty super amazing camera. So, we had to turn the flash back on. Sorry that it doesn't have the right mood like the last picture. Buy me a cool camera if you care so much. Finally, before we went to bed, I got a picture with my wonderful sister, Mary. I love you Miss. Mary! You guys are the coolest. Thanks for letting us stay at your house and for pretending not to notice when Brady stunk up your living room with his early morning aromas. And, as of this posting, Mary and Jared have had their cute little baby, Noah. Hooray! |


























No comments:
Post a Comment