Friday, November 4, 2011

Satan's Path?.....It's gotta be good if Satan put his name on it!

 Happy Halloween!  Bert, Angie, Brady and I hosted our Halloween party again this year and it was totally awesome.  Sherie and Jon were the coolest for letting us have the party at their house....they could've been even cooler and not made us clean up afterwards--but, oh well!  Since the theme this year was "Superheroes and Villains"  We decided to create a hero/villain training facility through a serious of "Minute to Win It"  games.  Obviously it became a very heated series of events (even more so when it was discovered that I hadn't kept score along the way......)

The first game was Face The Cookie, but I didn't have my camera yet and couldn't leave the room because I was officiating.  And the officator can't leave.  C'mon.  You have 1 minute to move 3 cookies from your forehead to your mouth.  That one was pretty hilarious.  You'll have to imagine it, though.  No pictures.

Next game was Hanky Panky.   Using only ONE hand and only taking ONE sheet at a time, they empty a box of tissues in 60 seconds.






The air became filled with tissue particals

The next game was This Blows.  Using air from a balloon they had to knock 15 cups off of a table.  Clearly choosing the people who were filled with the most hot air was the best strategy.  :)





Next game was Sharp Shooter.  Using rubberbands and standing 8 feet away they had to knock 3 playing cards over.  





Next game was Back Flip.  You have to pick up 2 pencils, put them on the back of your hand and flip the pencils in the air and catch them.  Each time, you add 2 more pencils until you flip a total of 12.  Sherie must've been practicing this for years because she sailed right through this one.  




Next up, Defying Gravity.  They had to keep all 3 balloons in the air for 60 seconds without letting it rest on a body part.  This one, nobody made it.  I don't know how this one is possible.  I don't think there was enough room.  I mean, it can't be because they blew up this gi-normous balloons.  You may think that from this series of pictures that Seth was my favorite.  Well, it's true.




The next game is Junk In The Trunk.  Obviously I thought this game was going to be much more of a challenge than it was.  Clearly I didn't realize the caliber of people that would be attending this party....


Dizzy Mummy was up next.  You have to twirl and entire roll of toilet paper around your body without breaking the paper.  You don't realize how long toilet paper is until you have to unravel it around your body....or watch someone else do it.  





Next up was Penny Hose.  2 pennies are placed in the feet of pantyhose and you have to take them out--each arm working independently of the other.  Some experts in pantyhose wearing were called upon. 

 
Lastly was the Elephant March.  Water bottles are placed in parallel rows and contestants must wear the pantyhose on their head with a tennis ball on the end and knock over the bottles.  They have to keep one leg on each side of the line.  This was pretty heated, all players got it down to the last bottle....but ultimately Tyler won.  





Seriously this was such a great time!  I love all my family and friends--they are probably the most hilarious and fun-loving group of people I know: 
One without me

One with me :)  Thanks, Tyson!
And the winners!  

Best Appetizer

Best Dessert

Funniest

Scariest

Best Villain 

Best Superheroes

Also--this guy is single:



How is this possible?!?!!

1 comment:

Doreen said...

That's so crazy that we had two of the same minute to win it games. The junk in the trunk was actually pretty hard for our people because we used actual belts and tightened them to the high waist. By the end of the night we discovered that the looser the box was tied to you, the easier it was to get all of the balls out. Next year you need to take pictures of everybody as they arrive so I can see all of the cool costumes. I need to feel like I was there!!!
p.s. this is totally unrelated but while I'm here...I just heard that they're doing a dumb and dumber sequel with Jim Carrey and that other guy.