Wednesday, December 7, 2011

You're living a fantasy. There is no Easter Bunny. There is no Tooth Fairy. There is no Queen of England. This is the real world, and you need to wake up!

Thanksgiving was a pretty amazing day....It actually felt like a day right out of the movies.  Brady went down to the golf course to golf with the family, while I watched little baby Grace and made some pies.  I had made some pies the night before, but I didn't finish the pecan pie.  I always forget how long the pecan pie takes to bake.  FOREVER.  By the time I finished eating breakfast, making and baking the pie, getting dressed, dressing Grace and cleaning Harley's room it was time to go!  No, I was late!  So, 4 trips down to the car later (I had to carry the pies down, then our gym clothes for playing volleyball later, Grace's stuff, then Grace) I finally am loaded up and heading down to the Greenhalgh family Thanksgiving.

Here is the beautiful sight I got to walk into:



The table was set so beautifully and the food all looked *and smelled* so good!  Have I mentioned how lucky I am to be married to a genius chef?  After dinner, we sat and talked and rested after eating a nice, big meal.  The kids played a game of "Pin the tail on the Turkey"  Grace was really quite good at correctly and anatomically placing the feather on the turkey.




After the game, we all rested up a bit and then headed down to Springville to play volleyball with the Call Family.  Of course, it was a lot of fun and very competitive--as usual!  We had a really great time playing.  I had to work the next day, so Brady and I had to head home early than we had wanted.  But, the great news is we kept the festivities going through that weekend.  On Saturday, we brought Grace to her first movie!




Of course, Grace loves the Muppets, just like her daddy!  She was pretty good during the movie--she didn't sleep the whole time, but she didn't do her screaming voice she has been pulling out lately.  At first it sounds like she is singing, but then you realize, no--that high-pitched sound is just her scream/singing.  It is very musical sounding.  But, that's how we knew she liked it--no scream-singing.

Later that day we put up the Christmas decorations:

And then had family kissing time:


The holidays are so magical.

No comments: